Saturday, August 15, 2009

First step

I got Marick's first pair of shoes on his eighth month. I gave it to him as a gift. I put them on his feet, and guess what? It did not fit him. The size that I bought was for six to nine months old, but the size of his feet was for nine months onwards. He is only eight months old! I should have drawn the size of his right foot on a paper and brought it to the store so I can have the exact size or better yet have an allowance so when he grows a little inch he can still use the same shoes. So I went back to the store the next day and have it exchanged. Now the shoes fits him with socks on so he can practice walking. He can now stand for more that five minutes and now he should practice making little steps. Never Never Never use a walker for you child, that's what Dr. Gimenez, my pediatrician advised us. It only stresses the child to walk and is not helping him walk. Its only the parents who is happy seeing their child walk with the walker on, but the baby inside is getting stressed for doing it. The advisable thing to do is just hold your child with both hands supporting his arms and let him make his own step, put on the right pair of shoes and socks so he wont bruise his feet. Do that everyday so he'll get used to it. Later on you might see him walking on his own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add this page to SheToldMe.com